Saturday, October 3, 2009

Intercepting Notes

The other day I subbed in a third grade classroom at a school I had never been to before. Not more than 20 minutes into teaching the math lesson, I saw one little girl writing something on a small piece of paper. Whenever I see this happen, I don't make a big deal out of it, I just ask for the piece of paper. This usually embarrasses the note writer enough to make an impact. Sure enough, when I asked for it, her eyes got as big as saucers and her face turned bright red. I just put the note in my pocket.

When I read it later, I had to laugh. It was about me! Although I don't know what the rest of the note would've said because I caught her in mid-sentence. It said, "What does the teacher". So I started thinking about what she was going to end the note with. What does the teacher have on her face? What does the teacher want us to do? I don't know.

What do you think?

1 comment:

El Jefe said...

What does the teacher expect she is going to find when she snatches this note from me? All it is going to do is make her wonder in her sleepless nights. Tossing and turning and worrying. She should have just waited to grab this when I was done writing. Next time she will give me time to properly compose my thoughts. But for now, let her stew. Ma ha haha ahahaha. Ahem.