Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall

The air is crisp and cool. The sunlight lingers when it's around, and then is abruptly gone at the end of the day. One minute I'm coming home from school in daylight, the next minute I look out the window and it's pitch black outside. It's fall.

I know I've written about my favorite cool-weather drink, chai tea latte, and my favorite fall breakfast food, pumpkin bagels. But put them together, and oh mama, it's perfection. A little spicy and warm. It just feels cozy.

Stein brought a dozen of the bagels home a couple weeks ago, and the rationing has begun. I only allow myself one to two bagels per week in order to ensure that they're not gone in a short time. I always have one on Friday, and then usually one on Saturday or Sunday. Yes, I'm somewhat of a routine freak. But I think you already knew that.

I was talking to Mickey the other day and we were discussing pumpkin stuff. We're both big fans of all things pumpkin. I could eat a pumpkin shoe if there ever was one. (I'm sure it would look cute too.) Later this week Stein and I will be carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds. Can't wait.

Happy Fall to you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I carved pumpkins this weekend. I've never had a pumpkin bagel! Where does one get one?

Kelly said...

Einstein Bros.!

Dig said...

Chai tea! Oh, Kelly! I love that too!

Kris Mulkey said...

Did someone really ask YOU where to get a pumpkin bagel? Too funny. Must be a new friend.

What about the pumpkin cream cheese? That was always my favorite, too. I kinda miss the EBB bagels. Haven't had one in ages. Boo hoo.