Thursday, April 10, 2008

House of Sick

Sunday morning my Mom woke up with the stomach flu. I attributed it to something she ate to save myself from thinking I was going to get it. I think Rich did too. Until yesterday. Rich woke up with the same thing.

I hate being sick, as you know. But anything dealing with the stomach and everything that goes along with it is the worst.

I'm trying hard not to let my hypochondria get the best of my thoughts. What is that little twinge of nausea I'm feeling? Maybe it was the pork chops - that's what Rich had leftover for lunch before he got sick. Maybe I have successfully disinfected all the doorknobs, computer keyboard, refrigerator handles, toilet and sink enough to kill all germs? Can my hands be washed just one more time? And on and on it goes.

I wake up each morning and think I made it through another day of avoidance. But I'm afraid that all these days are going to add up to one big whooping later this week. With my luck it will be the last day when I'll be forced to stay in. When all I'll want to do is squeeze every last drop of sun and warmth I can.

To quote Alexander from his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day: "I think I'll move to Australia."

2 comments:

ckweirath said...

I'm thinking healthy thoughts.

Dig said...

Just say no to stomach flu. Maybe it's a reaction their having to bugs you brought with you... ;)