Monday, April 7, 2008

Aaaaaah. Arizona.

Wow, did I need this. Can I say how nice it's been to sleep with the window open, smell flowers, see blue skies for days in a row, and smell sunscreen baking on my skin? Oh man, did I need this.

That nice boy Stein had something up his sleeve too. When I arrived here on Saturday, my Mom asked me if I knew what the agenda was that day. I figured it would be the same as always - a day of lying by the pool interrupted by lunch and dinner. No. Even better. Stein arranged for me to have a hot stone massage in the afternoon. What a way to start a vacation. Bless him.

Whenever I'm on vacation, my senses seem to be heightened. Maybe it's that everything is new and unfamiliar and my brain is trying to take everything in. The past 2 mornings I've gone for walks (in shorts and a t-shirt, hooray!) and have seen and smelled such wonderful things. Yesterday the only things scurrying about were hummingbirds and quails. Today the only clouds I saw were thin wispy ones that were going to evaporate at any minute. And both days I smelled fragrant plants and flowers. Ah, to be surrounded by warmth and spring and green. Heavenly.

I have been pampered and spoiled by my Mom and Rich. Gourmet dinners made by Rich every night. Chocolate chip cookies baked by my Mom. Cut-throat games of Rummy Cube on the patio. Now you know why this is one of my favorite places for vacation. It's like a resort vacation without the bill. How nice it has been to have them to myself, too. I always cherish this time that we have together. Never rushed, always fun, and just so comfortable.

Do I really need to go back to school in a week? Say it isn't so.

(And I know I still owe you a post from opening day. I probably won't get to it until next week. This week it's all about relaxing and enjoying.)

2 comments:

ckweirath said...

That sounds so nice, Kelly. That Stein is one good guy. Have fun & relax. You deserve it. Tell Rita & Rich I said hi.

Dig said...

Jealousy oozing through my veins right now, Kel.