Tuesday, April 15, 2008

End of Vacation Blues

Back to work, back to reality. Monday came way too soon for my liking. I had my typical "departure depression" on Saturday night and Sunday which occurs on most vacations. The night before leaving a place, I get really sad. Leaving Arizona is always harder because I'm leaving my Mom and Rich too.

I got on the plane in Phoenix on Sunday afternoon where it was 95 degrees and sunny. When the captain came on the loudspeaker to tell us our flight time, etc., he said, "And the weather in Detroit is 35 degrees and snowing." I almost cried right there on the plane.

I (hopefully) dodged the stomach flu bullet too. My poor Aunt Connie didn't, however. She came over to my Mom's to visit on Saturday, and jokingly wore a mask because she didn't want to get the germs. Apparently she came down with the bug on Sunday night. My Mom called me yesterday to see if I was sick too. I'm still being careful about washing my hands. Maybe I have built up some immunities already being around the kids.

I hope to get all my pictures uploaded soon and then I'll post them. Suffice it to say, the trip was wonderful. Just what the doctor ordered and then some. It made me want spring even more. And thank you mother nature, for giving us a taste of it this week.

1 comment:

Bones said...

Soul II Soul


I feel what you feel. 45 and drizzle coming at you in 24 hours my shizzle.

Sin's Here Lee, Bones