Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blueberry Muffins!

I have another post that has been swimming in my head and has been a draft for many days now. It will eventually get to the point I want it to be at, but for now it will sit.

In the meantime, I baked blueberry muffins! We had some blueberries from the farmer's market that needed to be used up soon. I had never made blueberry muffins before, but figured they would be pretty easy. They definitely were easy to make.

I used this recipe by Paula Deen. I figured, you can't go wrong with Paula Deen, the queen of sweet and buttery recipes. Yet, while I was waiting for the muffins to bake, I decided to look at the reviews that people submitted about the recipe. Every other one I read was a negative one. "These are the worst muffins we've ever tasted," wrote one reviewer. "We had to throw the whole batch out," wrote another one. I thought about all the time and ingredients that I had just wasted. And also thought about all the times I forgot to read the whole recipe through, or tried out a new recipe for the first time with company. Oy.

Yet, once one of them cooled down enough for me to taste it, I loved it! They're not a too-sweet muffin that would send you to the dentist immediately. They're perfect to have with coffee, or milk (in Stein's case). I'm not a big fan of those overly sweet muffins anyway. They remind me of those cellophane-wrapped ones you can buy at the nearest convenience store along with a lottery ticket. No, these ones remind me of summer. Short, but sweet, and even better shared with friends. (Awww).

No comments: